We pledge to
1) Honour the founding vision of the National Health Service
- Give back the duty to provide high quality NHS services, open to everyone, to the Secretary of State for Health.
- Make sure the NHS is properly funded, ready to deliver the comprehensive care people need now and in the future.
2) Take private profits out of the NHS
- Get private, profit-making companies out of NHS service provision - bring contracts in house as they come up for renewal.
- Make the NHS an integrated, efficient service - scrap the costly bureaucracy of the internal market and end the 'purchaser/provider' split.
3) Create truly accountable local NHS planning
- Run the NHS as a national, democratically accountable service delivered through regional and local publicly owned NHS bodies.
- Require joint planning with local authorities, with integration of social care and public health into the NHS.
- Establish Community Health Councils to represent the interest of the public in the NHS.
4) Scrap PFI and safeguard NHS assets for the future
- Keep NHS assets and land in public ownership, for the benefit of patients, now and in years to come.
- Save money by stopping any further private financing of the NHS (PFI/PPP), manage existing debts to limit the damage to the public purse.
5) Protect our NHS from global trade
- Make sure no part of our NHS is for sale, now or in the future, as a result of international trade agreements.
In partnership with: