24 September 2020
Toast our NHS and public health teams today to get safe test and trace
It's clear that local public health teams and health services (including GPs and NHS labs) must be put back in charge of testing and contact tracing in the community. Our test and trace system goes from bad to worse with every passing week.
This government hasn't listened to the evidence, so we wanted to get the attention of our decision makers with a stunt. Dressed as beers, we went to Matt Hancock's department to say: Serco couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!
We need your help to get the message to decision makers today, by raisising a glass and toasting our NHS and public health teams, to show your support for functioning, publicly run Test and Trace across all of the UK.
Please send the government a message with a toast to safe, public test and trace today.
1. Take a photo of yourself with a beverage of your choice and if possible, this placard!
2. To post it on Twitter, simply upload or drag your photo into this pre-drafted tweet, making sure to tag @MattHancock and @ your MP (if they're on Twitter).
3. To post on Facebook, upload your image, making sure to tag your MP's facebook page, @matthancockofficial, and @WeOwnItcampaign. You can use the copy below if you like:
We need to fix test and trace. Local public health teams and our NHS must be put back in charge of testing and contact tracing. That's why I'm toasting the NHS and public health teams today
4. To post on Instagram, upload your image, tag your MP, @matthancockmp and us: @weownit_campaign
5. If you don't have social media, please send your toast to our NHS and public health teams to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your MP's named, and we'll get it up on social media!