How we communicate with you
Privatisation can be overwhelming but our aim is to reduce the overwhelm. That includes in your inbox!
We can't win campaigns for public ownership without supporters like you. That's why we respect your time and energy by:
- Being careful about how often we email. We aim for about once a week, depending on what’s going on
- Not asking you for money too often (but we have to ask sometimes!)
- Writing our emails clearly and simply
- Being as positive as possible - solutions and actions not doom and gloom!
- Posting more information, more frequently for people who want it on our website, facebook and twitter
We Own It will hold your data for the purpose of contacting you about current and future projects, campaigns and appeals. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button. This will unsubscribe you with immediate effect. We will never share your data with any other organisation.
Other points to note:
- We track viewing images or clicking links in our emails to understand whether people open, take action or generally show interest in our emails
- We use Google Analytics to understand what's popular on our website and how people use it. This has the side effect that Google can track you (if you are logged in to a Google service, for example gmail) or if not logged in, your browser can track you while accessing the site
- We include facebook and twitter widgets on our site to encourage people to share our content on social networks. These also have the side effect of allowing those companies to track users, especially but not limited to users who are logged in to their services at the time of browsing the We Own It website
- Our data processing is carried out by Mailgun. This provider is based in the US, and therefore your data will be held outside of the EU
We Own It only exists because of people like you. Thank you for your support and action to end privatisation and build public ownership.