What's the story?
What's We Own It all about? Where did it come from? Here's the story from our founder, Cat Hobbs.
So when the government started privatising the NHS and selling off the Royal Mail, I began joining the dots. Privatisation has failed for over 30 years. The evidence and the public are against it.
I wanted to make the case for public ownership. Not "going back to the 1970's" but going forwards to a better future.
In 2013, I started We Own It - in my bedroom, on my laptop. Today, it's not just me anymore - we've got a small team and with your help, we're winning victories.
This speech explains why I care so much: I believe public services are the best, most civilised, wonderful thing that human beings have ever invented.
I'm happy to stand up in front of 1500 people and say so (even if it's slightly nervewracking).
So that's me. What's your story?
- angry to see your rivers polluted by private companies that put profit first?
- frustrated by ever rising train fares?
- a parent who wants a say over your child's academy?
- isolated by bus cuts from private operators who prioritise shareholders over services?
- part of a community group that's trying to connect a renewables project to the privatised National Grid?
- passionate about keeping our NHS public?
- campaigning locally to stop outsourcing of your council's services?
- Sign up to our newsletter
- Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Instagram
- Tell us your story on our website