20 November 2019
Next week - November 25th - December 2nd is our NHS week of action. We'll be kicking it off with a stunt in Parliament Square on Monday at midday - join us if you can!
Our NHS is at risk from a Tory-Trump trade deal, and this is one of the biggest issues of this election.
Have your election candidates signed our pledge to get the NHS off the table by ending privatisation? Do your fellow voters know which candidates have committed to protecting the NHS?
We need you to make this happen - can you take half an hour to take some photos with your election candidates outside your nearest hospital?
ACTIONS NEAR YOU
- Oxford (West and East): JR Hospital, Manor Road Surgery, Osler Road, 1pm, Sunday 1st December. Facebook event here.
Finchley and Golders Green: Finchley Memorial Hospital, between 10-5, Monday 25th November
- Ipswich: Hustings for candidates, 6-7:30pm, Monday 2nd December. Contact Anthony: email@example.com
- Chichester: St Richards Hospital, 11am, Saturday 30th November
- Walsall: Walsall Manor Hospital, on the corner of Pleck Road and Moat Road, 3pm, Saturday 30th November
Dewsbury: Dewsbury Hospital, Halifax Road entrance, 12 noon, Wednesday 27th November
- Hexham: Hexham General Hospital, 11am-12 noon, Saturday 30th November
- Sheffield: Northern General Hospital, Barnsley Road entrance, 2pm, Saturday 30th November
- Romsey: Near the Palmerston Statue, in Romsey Marketplace, 10am-12 noon, Friday 29th November. Leafleting from Tuesday-Thursday at the same time and place!)
- Wirral: Street stall on Banks Road, West Kirby, Wirral (junction with Dee Lane near the station and Morrisons) 11-1pm, Saturday 30th November
- Durham: Market place, 11:30 am, Friday 29th November
Manchester, Bury South: Prestwich Walk-in Centre, 1-1:30pm, Thursday 28th November. Facebook event and more details here.
- Liverpool: To be confirmed
- Cardiff: To be confirmed
- Northampton North: To be confirmed
- Isle of Wight: To be confirmed
- Nottingham: To be confirmed
- Hastings: To be confirmed
If you can't see your constituency in this list yet, you can make it happen - sign up here.
All you need is:
- Our pledge: weownit.org.uk/nhs-trade-pledge
- This pledge placard - Click here to download
- A local NHS building to meet outside
- The email addresses of your election candidates (Find them here: candidates.democracyclub.org.uk/)
Here's what to do:
- Invite your local candidates to join you outside your nearest hospital or NHS building on a day of your choice next week.
- Bring the pledge placard and ask candidates to sign the pledge and pose for a photo with the placard.
- Tell your local paper about your action, and send them the photos
- Show your constituency which candidates are committed to protecting the NHS, and which have refused to take the NHS off the table.
Let us know that you're taking action and we will share the details here so others can join you!
Photo credit - Kristian Buus