12 August 2020
National Day of Action on Track and Trace contracts - Tuesday 18th August
Matt Hancock needs to scrap Serco and Sitel’s failed contracts now instead of renewing them on August 23rd.
The government must give the £528 million allocated for these contract extension to local authorities and Public Health England teams instead. Privatised track and trace has been a disaster that is costing lives.
It’s time to put local public health teams in charge of the whole system. They have the tools and the local knowledge they need to do this vital work before any second wave this winter. Now they need the money.
Please join our Day of Action on Tuesday 18th to say: Not a penny more to Serco - Give Local Authorities the cash!
- Organise a group to meet at your local authority building or landmark, (or Serco site if you're nearby).
- Remember to bring a camera!
- Download and print this picture of a penny to take with you, along with this placard and bring one penny per person for the photo! Alternatively you can make a bigger cardboard cut out of a penny!
- Remember to check out guidelines on how to stay safe and stay socially distanced. Gloves, hand sanitiser and masks are a must and We Own It can reimburse you for them!
- Let us know you're organising the action. We'll help with the local press! Email Chris at email@example.com
Let others know! Make a Facebook event too and invite other people who might be able to join! Main Facebook event here.
You can also let your local radio or newspaper know that you're organising this.
- On the day, make sure to share your photos with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share the action on social media tagging us on twitter, facebook and instagram too.
Lastly, email your picture to Matt Hancock directly!
Can't make an action in person?
Send your ‘Not a penny more’ message to Matt Hancock. You could take a photo, ideally with you in it, holding a penny, to share on social media for example.
Not a penny more to Serco - Give local, public teams the cash! Sign now: https://weownit.org.uk/save-lives-scrap-serco-now
Privatised track and trace has been a disaster that is costing lives. It’s time to put local public health teams in charge of the whole system.
Join in a Day of Action on Tuesday 18th to show you support safe, local track and trace for your community!
Actions already organised
- Wandsworth Town Hall - 12pm
- Sheffield Town Hall - 12:30pm
- Wallasey Town Hall - 11:00am
- Darlington Town Hall - 12:30pm
- Hackney Town Hall - 12:30pm
- Leamington Town Hall - 11am
- Bristol - College Green, outside Bristol City Hall - 12pm
- Sunderland Centre - 10:30am
- Southampton Civic Centre - 16:30pm
- Brent town hall - 12pm
- Liverpool Town Hall - 12pm
- Leeds Civic Hall - 1pm
- Newcastle Civic Hall - 10:30am
- QEQM Hospital Margate - 11:00am
- 303 Bressenden Pl, Westminster - 9:30am