5 August 2019
On Wednesday 14th August, next year's rail fare rise will be announced. Despite the utter failure of privatised rail, with delays, cancellations and failing franchises, we'll still be asked to pay more for our journeys next year.
Join us to call for public ownership and an end to the #RailRipOff!
All you need to do is turn up at your local station with our placard (below) and a phone or camera to take a picture with.
Here's everything you'll need to take action against rail fare rises and for public ownership:
- A placard - to print out at home. Reinforce it if you can with the back of a cereal box, or whatever you can find!
- If you're in London - click 'going' on this facebook event, or just put these details in your diary:
7:30 - 10:00 am, 14th August, Kings Cross Station
- If you're not in London - get ready to do your own protest! Just show up at the station, take a good photo, and you're done!
- If you're not sure what time to go, aim for 8 am - then if anyone else is heading to your station, you'll both be there at the same time. Don't worry if you can't make that time though - lots of people will be taking action alone.
- RMT is organising protests at certain stations at different times - check this list to see if yours is one of them.
- If you're in Norwich, NOR4NOR are organising a protest from 10am to 12 midday at Norwich station.
- If you're in Glasgow, Get Glasgow Moving are organising a protest at 5pm at Glasgow Central Station. All details can be found on the Facebook event.
- If you're organising a protest anywhere else that's not on this list, post the details in our facebook group to share with other We Own It supporters.
- Don't forget to send us photos, even if it's just you and a placard! Email them to email@example.com or post them on Twitter with the hashtag #RailRipOff. Don't worry if it's just you - lots of people will be doing solo protests at their stations or on their commute to work. Just remember to send us a photo so we can celebrate your work!
- If you can't get to a protest in person, make your voice heard online: Take a selfie with your placard or a picture of your stickers in a public place, and send us the photo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post it on Twitter on the 14th under the hashtag #RailRipOff.