The government says ‘we love the NHS'. But once the clapping stops, they hand out slices to private companies.
Did you know? On the NHS's 72nd birthday
- £9.2 billion a year of the NHS's budget goes to private companies
- The government handed out contracts to private companies worth £1.7 billion in the last three months
- The privatised NHS Supply Chain failed to get PPE to frontline NHS and care workers
- Now Serco is failing on track and trace, making it harder for us to come out of lockdown safely and hug our loved ones again
- There is a long list of private companies creaming off a slice of our NHS
On the NHS's birthday, when we should be thanking staff, the government is baking in privatisation. Don't let them get away with it.
Boris Johnson says "My policy on cake is pro having it and pro eating it." NOT WITH OUR NHS YOU DON'T!
We need YOU to help make this happen.
Bake your anti-privatisation birthday cake
1) Find a cake recipe you like (or buy a cake if you don't fancy baking)
2) Bake your cake
3) Add your message calling on the government to end privatisation
4) Take a photo of your cake (and yourself if possible) and email the photo to email@example.com so we can share it
5) SPREAD THE WORD! Email your photo to your local newspaper ideally with a short letter, calling on your MP to end privatisation, reinstate our NHS and fund it properly
If you’re on social media, share your picture with the hashtag #BuildBackBetter #rebuildtheNHS #2020vision and copy your MP, Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock
The deadline for your cake is this Sunday 5th July - but the sooner you can bake it the better!
We'll tell the press, politicians and celebrities about your cakes in the week leading up to the 5th July - and try to get them involved in a UK-wide 'bugger off bake off' to the private companies.
This year more than any other, our NHS deserves the best birthday present ever - an end to privatisation.